Thank you for your interest in graduate studies in physics at Penn State! In order to apply for admission to our Fall 2014 program, you will need to:
- Complete the Department of Physics Graduate Application.
- Please remember that the deadline for full consideration is January 15.
- There is no fee for applying. There is only a fee if you are offered and accept admission.
- If you are having persistent difficulties with the web, the paper form is available.
- All students must supply the following additional materials:
- Official Undergraduate Transcript - one original document (no copies)
- Official Graduate Transcript (if any) - one original document
- General Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report
- Physics Subject Graduate Record Examination (GRE) score report
- Letters of recommendation - three letters
- If your recommenders will be sending their letters by mail, you must also complete and submit this form with each letter.
- International students must also supply the following materials:
- TOEFL or IELTS score report
- Please mail the additional materials listed above to:
Physics Graduate Admissions
104 Davey Lab
Pennsylvania State University
University Park, PA 16802-6300
If you have questions about the admissions procedure, please refer to our Graduate Admissions Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) site. More information on the Department of Physics is available on the departmental website. If you have additional questions, please contact us.